BreezoMeter is the world leader in location-specific real-time air quality data, already helping more than 5.5 billion people improve their health with actionable data
Runs offline: no
Last update: Android 26/12/2016 (v. 2.8) – iOS 18/12/2017 (v. 2.0.1)
Website of the developer: BreezoMeter
BreezoMeter is an air quality app to check the AQI in real time already analyzed previously, specifically, in June 2016. However, since December 2017, an update with numerous improvements is available. This is the reason that has led to the drafting of a new article. The new version is currently only available to iOS users, but the BreezoMeter team has already confirmed that they are working on the new version of Android.
The application has undergone a redesign of the original sections, incorporating new information modules.
Its operation is very simple:
- Once installed, the app will ask you for permission to access your location. So, it can give you information about air pollution at your location. Please note that the app does not have information for every country in the world.
- First, you will see the indicator created by BreezoMeter, called BAQI. As they explain on the website itself, this air pollution index makes it possible to homogenize information on air quality. In this way, the displayed value «provides a clear and intuitive way to read and understand real-time air quality information».
- Then, based on air quality measurement, the app advises you which activities you can do. Includes recommendations for indoor, outdoor, children’s health, sports activities and sensitive groups.
- The following module shows the concentration of the polluting gases (ppb and µg/m3). At the center, the dominant pollutant at that time. The different colours refer to the BAQI.
- The Forecast section provides a forecast of the BAQI index. The time zone corresponds to the user’s location.
- Finally, you have the air pollution map at your disposal. By clicking on it, you can maximize the view and zoom or click on other locations.
Also note that the new version allows to store different locations.
Images: screenshots 19/12/2017. © BreezoMeter.